CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) Northampton, just off the A45, close to Wellingborough and Kettering.
Guaranteed for 2 attempts and max class of 3 students
Leave it up to us!
We can arrange all aspects of your training so you can enjoy your motorcycling.
CBT consists of 5 elements;
Element 1: Eye test
- Eye test 20.5 metres.
- Description of course and training goals.
- Motorcycle clothing/fluorescent safety equipment. What to wear and not to wear.
Element 2: Practical on site training
- Motorcycle controls and how they work.
- Machine checks and basic maintenance. Daily/weekly
- Manually push and control the bike.
- On/off main and side stands.
- Discussion on brakes and braking practices.
- Start/stop engine.
Element 3: Practical on site riding
We now teach you how to ride a motorcycle/moped
- Pulling away and stopping in a straight line.
- Stopping in full control of your brakes.
- Changing gears.
- Figure of 8 and u turns using clutch control.
- Junction work using OSMPSL.
- Emergency stops.
Element 4: On road practical talk
- Safety instructions pre road ride
Including , being visible, knowing the legal requirements, vulnerability, correct speeds according to conditions, highway code, anticipate the actions of other road users, rear observations and life savers, positioning, safe distances, weather, drugs and alcohol, aggressive riding and hazard perception.
Element 5: 2 hour road ride
Two hour on road ride.
16+ 50cc moped
17+ 50xx / 125 geared bike
All elements must be completed before the CBT certificate can be issued